Telecom Fiji Limited is a premium telecommunications company in Fiji and 100% locally-owned. Applications are invited from qualified interested individuals to join our Information & Technology Business unit.
1. VACANCY NO. 27/2011 – SENIOR NETWORK ENGINEER
Reporting to Manager IT Infrastructure you will be responsible for the administration, maintenance and management of TFL’s enterprise network and infrastructure. Build, configure, troubleshoot, and integrate new and existing network devices, provide service enhancements and infrastructure upgrades.
• Monitoring and maintaining network performance and system usage.
• Providing reports for outages, develop acceptance testing plans in support of upgrade and installation roll outs.
• Maintain documentation for system configuration, disaster recovery, incident management and resolution
• System wide engineering support for network conflicts, troubleshooting, and resolution.
• Capacity planning for future growth and implementing ITIL processes to ensure best practice.
• Undertaking of external projects from time to time and ensuring delivery within budget.
Qualification and Experience:
• A relevant degree from a recognized tertiary institution in Information Technology, Computing Science or Electronics Engineering with experience in customer services.
• Five years relevant work experience is required.
• CCNA and CCNP certifications are required. CCSP is desirable.
• Strong Network and Cisco background with knowledge of ASA firewalls, security and hardware load balancers (BIG IP).
• Knowledge on Solaris and Linux is preferred but not necessary.
• Excellent documentation skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and good oral and written communication.
• Project management skills.
This is a critical role; an attractive package will be discussed with the successful candidate.
HOW TO APPLY:
• Electronic applications only will be accepted indicating Vacancy # and Position Title sent to TFLJobRecruit@tfl.com.fj. Applications close 4.00pm Friday 17th June 2011.
• Additional information including job profile can be obtained on request.
• Only those who have attended the interview will be advised of the outcome.
• All queries may be directed to TFLJobRecruit@tfl.com.fj or to Rigieta Nasau on 3210460 or email Rigieta.Nasau@tfl.com.fj
• All applications must include a curriculum vitae with names and contacts of 3 referees addressed to:
Group General Manager Human Resources
Telecom Fiji Limited